THIS BLOG IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SITE OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. To find out more about the Church click on one of the two pictures under my LIKES on the right hand side.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Oh the Joys of Summer

I just wanted to take a few moments and update you with what is going on and what you will see being posted on We Are Daughters of a Heavenly King.

Girls Camp- it has sort of become my life right at the moment as it is coming up at the end of the month and I sort of have a double duty as being camp director and the 2nd counselor in our YW presidency (long story there) but I am grateful for it as it keeps me busy while I wait for the upcoming school semester to start.

I have a project that I am working on and will be posting closer to the day we leave for camp. It is a four part process and I am trying to keep it underwraps from the rest of my leaders and girls. However if you would like to know about it (and are not from my ward) email me  @ wearedaughtersofaheavenlyking@gmail.com and I will share with you what I am doing along with a PDF so you can see it. It would make for a cute camp project/ idea and I can change some of the pages to adapt to your theme or what not.

Now to the UPCOMING stuff- we are doing personal progress chocolate fondu tonight for our mutual activity. It should be fun but during all of this, we are suppose to be holding or interviews with each of the girls. Last time I was in that posistion I had no idea on what I should ask or how to conduct it. Needless to say I probably made the girls a little uncomfortable because I was uncomfortable (hey I had only been called to the YWs for about a month...). So I did some digging and found some really cute ideas that I know I could recreate and hopefully make someone else who may be in the posistion that I was in job a little easier.  So keep an eye out for those items.

Also I want to thank all of you who have emailed with questions and requests and have posted comments. I also want to thank everyone who reads this blog. I had no idea that people would even find it interesting and keep coming back for more. It really creates a desire to be more on top of it and keep creating items. I am truly blessed to know that I am helping others with their callings in YW. Please continue to express interest and comment/email with what ever!!! Because of you I keep this blog going!

No comments:

Post a Comment