THIS BLOG IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SITE OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. To find out more about the Church click on one of the two pictures under my LIKES on the right hand side.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

{PPW} 1/11



Well my dear friends and faithful readers. If you have kept up with the things that have been happening over the last 24 hours from here and on FB (sorry Twitter followers, I have slacked with informing you...I will fix that here in a few) you will have heard that I got the worst news that any leader in a call that they love hates to hear. Yes, Sunday I am being released from the Young Women's group along with the first counselor and secretary. It is sad to have to break the news to you all, I mean I cried for I don't know how long (even in front of the counselor that had to deliver the bad news to me). 

As much as I feel strongly that this was and still is a bad call, I am going to go out with my head held high although tonight is going to be tough since it is my last mutual with the girls and I have fallen in love with each and every one of them. So that being said, I am afraid that this might be the last PPW update that I do for a while.  I will not be able to reach my goal of finishing my personal progress (all those requirements that leaders have to do) before New Beginnings. 

However, as you might have read, I will continue to update the blog with handouts, ideas and thoughts so that all of you who are lucky to be serving in currently or soon to be, will be able to benefit from my release. I can't tell you how much I have loved serving in this calling and being able to have an out for all my pent up creativity (or attempt thereof). I always looked for the Sundays and Wednesdays as we much welcomed break from my studies and academic life. I felt like I had some sort of a social life while I was serving in the capacity as a member of the YW presidency and leader. 

To close this post as my final ta-dah for PPW, I want to leave with you my testimony of this gospel. I have been a member of this church my entire life and at times I have felt my testimony waver back and forth from being strong to being weak or even lack thereof. I had a lot of doubts and experiences in my life that I questioned our Heavenly Father on why I had to endure the trials that I had. I asked the Why question on several occasions and was always reminded of the scripture found in Proverbs 3:5-6 where it tells us to trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not into they own understanding. And in all ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths. 

The YW program allowed me to get back in touch with our Savior and his atonement. It made me realize that I still had a testimony that was struggling to grow again. Reading the Book of Mormon for my Virtue project really emphasized that this is the true church that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, that we have a living prophet and leaders on the earth today that speak the words and truth of our Father in Heaven. I have a strong testimony of the Savior and all that He did for us. He loved us enough to pay the ultimate price, I think sometimes that we forget that. We can be so caught up in what the world wants us to be caught up in that the personal progress program is a way for the young women of the church to focus on what the Lord would have them do. 

I don't believe that I will ever stop asking why (as I think it is only human nature) but I will always try to remember that scripture that to trust in the Lord and in His timing. That everything happens for a reason. I love the girls in the ward and wish them the very best in their future endeavors and pray that they will know that I love them and I hope that I made a difference in just one of their lives. If I have been able to touch a soul to make them feel more loved and cared for, then I have done my duty, no matter how unfair I think it is. I know that our Savior and Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us. He knows our needs, or desires, our weaknesses along with our strengths. He will never forget nor forsake us. I am truly blessed in knowing this and I say these things in the name of thy son Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment