THIS BLOG IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SITE OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. To find out more about the Church click on one of the two pictures under my LIKES on the right hand side.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Tic Tac Toe- Article of Faith Style

 As promised on my Facebook page, here is one of the two activities that I promised could be used for a time filler or for an entire activity if you wanted. All you need is some cards and chalk and chalkboard.

I got the idea off of an idea that I came across on Pinterest. You can read about it HERE. I thought it was a great idea but I am going to take it a few steps further.

So I started by created my word lists. This combined the numbers and key words of each of the Article of Faiths. You can download a copy of my list as a word doc by going HERE.
Once I had my word strips printed and cut, I cut out 26 pieces of card stock that measured roughly 4 1/4" x 2 3/4" and attached a word to each card. Note that this was the size prior to laminating them (which in the picture they are not laminated) which is optional but I find that things that are last a bit longer especially when it comes to games. 

Once you got your cards done, you are ready to play. Here is the rules to my version of the game but feel free to adapt to what ever fits your needs.

Start out by dividing the group into two. Make sure you have a good mix of older and younger girls that way the game doesn't become so one sided. Now in my ward in Primary each Sunday the kids all recite an article of faith, which ever is the one for the month, in hopes to help the kids memorize them. So even though you have some younger girls, unless they are non members, all of the girls should be a little familiar with them.

So like the blog that I saw the idea, I had one person from each side play rock, paper, scissors to see who went first. The team that didn't win the draw picked if they were going to be X's or O's. 

Have one girl come up and draw a card. Here is the twist, the team then decides if they want to play or pass it to the other team to see if they can recite it as best as they can. If the team that drew decides to play, they must pick someone to recite the article of faith (if they are picked to recite once they can not recite again until others on their team has had a chance as well-this is up to you on to how many that is). If they get it right, they can either place their team symbol on the board or they can erase a symbol from the other team (but NOT both). If they get it wrong, the other team has a chance to steal for a play on the game board. If the stealing team gets it right they get to either play on the board or erase a symbol from the other side. 

Keep in mind this is Tic Tac Toe so the object of the game is to get three in a row either up or down, left or right or diagonally. Play then goes to the other team where the above game play happens. Repeat until there is a winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment